Who is responsible for personal information collected on the Site?
The CyberTest Webmaster is the Site owner and operator, and is responsible for the Site’s processing of your personal data and may be contacted by email at email@example.com.
What is personal information?
Personal information means individually identifiable information about an individual consumer and includes:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town.
- An e-mail address.
- A telephone number.
- A social security number.
- Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
- Information concerning a user that the Web site or online service collects online from the user and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier listed above.
Protection of minors
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 years and we do not intentionally collect, store or in any way use personal information from children younger than 13 years. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In cases where you have authorized a minor (someone under 18 years of age) to use the Site or Services, you acknowledge and agree that you are fully responsible for:
- A first and last name.
- the online conduct of such minor
- controlling the minor's access to and use of the Site or Services; and
- the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us. We collect the following personal information:
- Our Contact Form is configured to collect your name and email address.
- If you request our services we collect your first and last name, email, company name, telephone number and any details you choose to provide when describing your request.
- We collect email addresses used to interface with third party payment processors such as PayPal or Authorize.net but we do not collect your credit card details or other financial information.
- We may also collect your personal information if you provide it to us through our web forms or by email.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when you request our services, send us an email, fill out a web form, or make a payment.
If you choose not to provide personal information
You always have the choice to not provide us with your personal information. However, it may not be possible to make full or proper use of the Site if your personal information is not provided to us.
How we use personal information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with services you request.
- Collecting your payment.
- To improve customer service: For example, where your contact information helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently.
- To improve the Site: For example, we may use feedback you provide to improve the functionality and performance of the Site.
- To send emails with general information about Site related special offers and promotions, or other Site news and updates.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, expect to the extent necessary to assist you in relation to a purpose listed above. We will never sell or rent your personal information.
Information Acquired in the Course of Providing Services
If you purchase services from us it is possible we may access your data in the course of providing such services. Where your data includes the personal information of you or of third parties our protection of such information is governed by the CyberTest Service Agreement.
Analytics and non-personal identification information
We may collect analytics information to help us understand how visitors engage with our Site. This may include personal information such as an IP address but is largely anonymous and aggregated information such as the browsers used by visitors, the number of visits to particular Site pages, search engines and operating systems used, and so on.
The Site uses appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Retention of personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is needed to provide you with services and to meet the requirements of business record retention requirements.
Sharing your personal information
Personal information you disclose when using the Site
The Site allows you to communicate with us by means of its online functions. We cannot control your choice to disclose personal information in this way when using the Site.
Should you apply for a position with CyberTest, your information will be forwarded to the appropriate office and reviewer and may be entered into the firm’s databases.
Cross-border disclosure of your information
The Site is operated in the United States (US). If you are located outside of the US, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the US. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Your acceptance of these terms
Accessing, updating or correcting your personal information
You may request access, updates and corrections to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will not charge you for making enquiries about or any corrections to your personal information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give the reasons in writing for any refusal.
Users who do not want emails from us
If you do not wish to receive email from us you should not provide your email address and not use the Site. You can also opt out of any further email by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we cannot provide you with services if we cannot contact you by email.
Announcements and Special Offers
We may use your name and email address to provide you with announcements and special offers. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications please opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to terminate your access to some or all content or services to you if we cannot communicate with you by email.
Release of Personal Information for legal reasons
We may release your personal information for legal reasons:
- When we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order).
- To protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the website.
- To protect our rights or property.
- If we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Feedback to us
We have feedback functionality on the Site that allows you to submit comments, suggestions, or bugs found. We may collect your name and email address in order to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
Change of Site ownership